Thursday, March 18, 2010

more problems sleeping

I had a physical therapy session yesterday evening at 6. It lasted just a little over an hour. It was still plenty painful, but less so than usual. The physical therapist told me that he's trying to be more gentle, so as to avoid aggravating the tendinitis.

I woke up at 2:30 this morning, and felt too awake to get back to sleep. After lying in bed for an hour, I finally got up.

There was some pain in my shoulder that was bothering me, but I had pain in my forearm - extreme soreness - which was worse. This is new. I think it's due to the physical therapy. My elbow has been giving me trouble too.

I've been sleeping worse since I started PT. Previously, I might wake up at 5, but I'd be able to get back to sleep. Now I'm waking up at all hours between midnight and 7. Tonight I'm going to try some ibuprofen. The only thing I've tried so far is naproxen sodium, and that doesn't seem to help much.

Maybe I should avoid doing PT in the evening; that might help with the sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment