Saturday, March 20, 2010

another insurance snafu

I opened some mail from my insurance company today. Turns out they'll pay for no more than 8 physical therapy sessions (and according to the verbiage in the notice, they may not even pay for that - thanks for the warning, guys!). So my next one may be my last.

There's certainly been some progress, but it's a mixed bag. I might be willing to pay for a couple more sessions on my own, but it won't be more than one a week. If I'd known beforehand, I probably would have rationed out the sessions more slowly. Bummer.

The next time I hear someone complain about how the government will decide whether or not I get medical care under the public option, I'm going to bop them. There's already a large, bureaucratic, money-grubbing institution standing between me and my medical treatment - my insurance company.

No comments:

Post a Comment