Saturday, March 13, 2010

suddenly, feels better

This morning I woke up around 5 am again, with pain, but managed to get back to sleep till around 7. I wasn't very active today. My shoulder was sore all day, and I didn't feel like doing much. Instead I did a lot of reading and watched some TV. Around 5 pm, I decided I should take advantage of the extra time and attempt a weight-lifting workout.

My workout schedule has been in a shambles since I started physical therapy, which takes too many hours out of my day. So I'm trying to get in two workouts on the weekends, at least. I'm mostly having to lift with very light weights to get around the shoulder handicap.

After lifting, I went through about 40 minutes of PT exercises. The abduction exercises have been particularly difficult since I started. But after just a few tries, it suddenly seemed like things loosened up remarkably. Visually, it doesn't look like much of an improvement, but it is visible. The feeling is much better though. I'm still in mild pain, but I've noticed all evening that the pain has moderated quite a bit. In fact the most pain I feel right now is in my elbow, which I'm pretty sure is secondary, due to excessive twisting while doing PT.

External rotation is still just about zero though. That's where I want to see improvement, next.

Unfortunately, I can't tell whether the improvement is due to the ice that I applied yesterday, or the first few days of PT. The ice seemed to reduce the swelling, and I wonder if that did the trick. I'm going to pick up some ice packs tomorrow and apply them after PT for a while, to see if that helps some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment