Saturday, March 6, 2010

ski trip


I went skiing the second week in January, 2010. I had some trepidations, since I was fearful that I might worsen the problem were I to have a bad fall. However, this was an expensive trip which I was gleefully anticipating, so I decided to take the risk and try to be as careful as possible.

During the trip, I continued to experience moderate pain, on and off. I had some problems pushing myself along with the poles over flat spots. Generally the pain would reduce after I'd been doing it for a while, but then the next day it would feel a little worse.

I also fell a couple of times while skiing, which is quite usual for me. During the last fall on the last day, I twisted my left arm and felt a very bad stabbing pain! The pain eased up pretty soon. I'm glad this happened right at the end, otherwise I might not have enjoyed the trip so much.

It was probably really stupid to go skiing with this condition. OTOH I could easily fall and slip on the ice at home. So I took my chances, and I don't think I actually made things worse despite the fall. It's hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment